Sunday, July 4, 2010

T-minus 13 hours and counting

It's funny.  After all the hubbub of the last few days (packing and moving and packing and moving and cleaning and moving) now that it's all done, I'm pretty sure it hasn't hit yet that I'm saying goodbye to a ton of people that I'm not going to see for probably a year.  I can't get my head around that, and as such, I seem to be ignoring it.  My guess is that the wall will come crashing down somewhere between here and Newark, likely over the central prairie section, but possibly before the Rockies.  I could, however, be wrong.  It might not hit until I land in Dublin.  I'm not sure.  All I know is that for the last few days, sleep has been elusive.  I'm not sure what to make of that.  I've been waking up in the middle of the night a lot, for no apparent reason.  Clearly my body is already trying to make a time change.  Or something like that.  In any case, this is probably the last North American post for quite a while.  I'll shout out from the other side of the Atlantic on Tuesday at the earliest.  Probably whining about being jetlagged and hungry :p

No comments:

Post a Comment